August 25, 2008

How I do it for her

Mr. C and I are not wealthy. We can't afford the expense of hiring a dietician and a personal trainer. We can't afford special diets or specialized products - and even if we could, that's not a lifestyle change. So, in accordance with the "lifestyle change" philosophy, I'm doing this without the benefit of all those expensive devices.

To track food, I'm using the Weight Watchers philosophy. I used to be a member (failed), and I crafted myself a template to use (for free) in a spreadsheet to track my food and "points" via the weight watchers standards.

For exercise - this is the one place where I'm spending a little money. I have several fitness DVDs at home, but I know from experience that home exercise doesn't always cut it. You need the benefit of properly calibrated weights in order to build up stamina and metabolism. So, I have a $10/month membership at Planet Fitness. It's very no-frills, but at least there is equipment to use.

So that's pretty much it - watching what I eat and working out when I can. It's not easy with an infant at home...but the rewards will be astounding.

No comments: