July 31, 2009

Friday Five: Five Fun Things To Do In 15 Minutes

Imagine: The baby's napping, and you've finally got a chance to do something, anything for yourself! I know this is a rare occurrence (at least in my household) but it does happen from time to time. If you're like me, you probably spend that time getting caught up on chores, working on homework, or something else necessary but not entertaining.

But sometimes, just sometimes, the homework is done, the housework is done, and you've got fifteen minutes or so to yourself to do anything you want! When this happens, here's what I usually choose to do:

1. Pick up a book and read a chapter...or two, if they're short! This is how I managed to get through all four books of the Twilight series earlier this year.
2. Get involved in your favorite hobby or hobbies! For me, it's photography. The past few evenings and weekends have been spent learning the ins and outs of my camera, learning the tricks of the trade for Camera Raw, Bridge and Photoshop, and watching photography tutorials on the web. It allows me to indulge my creative side when most of the rest of the week is spent embracing the logical side.
3. Watch some trash TV! There are certain shows that are serious "guilty pleasures" that I can't get SuperScott to watch -- not that I blame him. During 15 minutes of free time, I can get through 1/4 of an episode of Intervention or 16 and Pregnant, though...long enough to decide if the show grabs my attention enough to really watch it later on.
4. Take a power nap. Fifteen minutes isn't long enough for truly restorative sleep, but this harkens back to the early days of parenthood when people always told me, "Sleep when the baby sleeps!" You might not wake up feeling fully rested and ready to go after 15 minutes, but at least you'll have had a little bit of time to decompress and relax.
5. Snuggle time with your hubby! Last, but definitely not least, don't forget that it's important to take time to reconnect with your hubby.

What's your favorite fun things to do in 15 minutes? Feel free to comment and share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url], Oughout must buy these . they are a large number of decent games gold really they're fashion and stylish
My partner and i transport my current games gold Bailey Button games gold university and are usually merely amazing. They are really pleasant regardless if I will be precisely relaxing in charm as well as walking around the school. I really like your merchandise therefore i aspire to order more like the product.
When i convey a lot of these nearly on a daily basis within the slide together with wintertime and even spg and i also have had them for nearly A year or so at this moment. They are distressed by environments and then weather which are yet long lasting. I have not get all [url=http://www.hahawowgold.com]buy wow gold[/url] refresher and they're fine.
when i carry my personal games gold year round. These are generally good however i hope they didn't divulge so easily.
This can be a finest games gold That i have ever experienced. It really is for example strolling on the foriegn. A major, fluffy impair. It can be fantastic. And so worth the profit.