June 2, 2010

Angelica's Age 2 Stats

This morning we had Angelica's two year check-up. I'm a bad mommy and don't remember exactly her weight and height at 1 year, but it was somewhere around 31 inches and 19 pounds.

Today, she's 34 1/4 inches and 22.8 pounds. Not a whole lot of growing done during that year!

Percentile-wise, she's 50-75% for height and 5% for weight. Yes. Five. Plain old five.

Up until now, she was trending more toward 10%, so the doctor said she wasn't concerned, but to start concentrating on getting her to eat a little more. Cut back on the juice and give more water. (My girl is a juice fiend...that's going to be a tough one.) Get more milk or other dairy into her, somehow. (Let's see...she hates milk, cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, and pretty much anything else milk-related...this is going to be interesting!)

Otherwise, the visit went well. NO SHOTS! I was psyched about this. Because of all of the trauma she's been through at the doctor (thanks the the urinary reflux) she's still a bit scared of the doctor, but she was at least calm in the waiting room this time. She did very well in every other aspect of the visit, and her pediatrician was stunned by her skills (5+ word phrases? Knows six different shapes? Identifies all of the primary and some secondary colors? Identifies about 1/3 of the alphabet? Counts to 16? And 9 in Spanish? Wowza!)

I remember around on first birthday listing in her baby book all of the words she could say. There is no way I could do that anymore.

Look at me, bragging about my kid. I can't help it, I'm a proud mama!

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Brag away! You should be proud!