June 14, 2010

McFatty Monday: Goodbye, 250s!

This past week has really been a roller coaster. I've been basically husband-less due to the demands of my husband's job for a couple of months now (not complaining, remember I said...these are the punches we have to roll with sometimes!) but this past week was the worst of all. He took Angelica to school every morning, went to work, and then didn't get off until 1am or later each day. Thankfully, this project will be over very shortly (maybe tonight!) and I will no longer be a "single mom"!

Along with that territory comes significant stress though. I think the worst of the terrible twos has landed in our household, which means every night is filled with screaming, kicking, yelling, ugly tantrums that stress me out and exhaust me. I have a chronic illness that affects my stomach and flares up under stressful conditions, and with a flare up comes the disappearance of my appetite. And right now, my appetite is GONE.

So I forced myself to eat when I remembered over the course of the week, which wasn't that hard, but remembering to eat over the weekend was a challenge. I think between managing the tantrums and mess-making, taking care of weekend responsibilities (grocery shopping, cleaning the house, etc) and finally get caught up on laundry (we were without a washer and dryer for three weeks...you should have seen the amount of laundry that piled up!)...I may have eaten a meal and a half each day.

Oh, and because of how much needed to get done this weekend, and the fact that during Angelica's nap on Saturday (she did not nap on Sunday) I actually took the time to start working on my garden (the best therapy EVER!) I did not stop moving between 9am and midnight or later each day this weekend. (Except for 2 hours that I accidentally fell asleep on the couch on Saturday morning. Whoops.)

Having said that, I was not shocked, but I was overjoyed that this morning, I weighed in at 249! Goodbye, 250s! That's a four pound weight loss from last Monday! I did the math, and that means that since January 1st of this year, I have lost 12 pounds. Not bad, not bad at all!

Since I lost so much this week, my goal for next Monday is really just to maintain this loss. If I lose anything, it'll just be the icing on the cake!

3 comments:

Heidi - D said...

Good work woman!!! That is so exciting!

I totally forgot to weigh myself this morning - but I am starting the 30 Day Shred tonight... So wish me luck!

Keep it up!

http://itsjustmeheidid.blogspot.com/2010/06/mcforgetful-monday.html

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

That is awesome! Not so much the terrible twos but the weight loss- I am in need of some loss, wish there was another way to do it verses give up things I like :)- As for the two, if you are interested, The Toddler whisperer really helped me. It took the fight out the situation....I am following, your life of riley friend tweeted and I popped in...

Unknown said...

Congratulations on kissing the 250's goodbye. Great job.