June 23, 2010

Wedding Day Blog Hop



Ahh, this blog hop came just in time. We're about 2 weeks away from our five year wedding anniversary. Scott and I were married on July 5, 2005 at Leu Gardens in Orlando, FL. We had a long, long engagement (we got engaged on my birthday in 2002!) but we did the bulk of the planning in under six months and it still turned out to be everything I expected.

(Photos by the WONDERFUL Cristy Nielsen! If you're looking for a wedding photographer in the Orlando area, she can't be beat.)

Me, Stefanie, Cara, Tarah, Shannon, Jennifer
Me and my bridesmaids...my sister, Stefanie, was Maid of Honor...the bridesmaids were my best friend Cara, and my sister in laws Tarah, Shannon and Jennifer.

The boys - Scott, Fee, Gary, Brad, Jeff (L to R)
Scott and his boys...best man Fee, groomsmen Gary, and his uncles Brad and Jeff. We had an uneven number because a month and a half before the wedding, Scott's best friend Dan passed away.

Coming down the aisle with my dad
Coming down the aisle with my dad. Trying not to cry!

Scott sees me coming and gets choked up
Scott sees me for the first time in my wedding dress (which he had not seen before the wedding). He swears he wasn't about to cry, but I know he was :)

Saying our vows
Here we are, saying our vows. We each had written our own vows, and had the officiant (Jasmine Devitt) read "i carry your heart in my heart" by ee cummings at the beginning.

The memorial candle
A candle we lit at the entrance to the reception to honor friends and family who attended "in spirit" (because they had passed away)...Scott's friend Dan, his grandfather, all three of my grandfathers (my dad's mom was divorced and remarried) and my grandmother (mom's mom).

The cake!
Our cake!

The first dance
The first dance (our song was You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban)

Father/Daughter dance
The father/daughter dance (we danced to Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Simon & Garfunkel)

Mother/Son dance
The mother/son dance (their song was Wonderful by Eric Clapton)

The dance with our sisters
Sister dances! Scott has three sisters, I have one, so he had this brilliant idea that we would do this big "sister dance". It was fun :) (The song was "Sister" by The Nixons)

Scott\'s crazy dancing
The DJ was playing "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" by Jet, and Scott was doing this wild, crazy dance and slid across the floor. SO glad Cristy caught this moment!

The cake smash!
Cake smash! I don't care if it's tacky. We were both cracking up!

Stefanie catching the bouquet
My sister caught the bouquet!

Will (Stefanie\'s boyfriend) caught the garter
Will caught the garter. They had just started dating about a month before this. They're married with two kids now, I guess it worked out!

Making our getaway!
Leaving the reception hall. This picture cracks me up because I feel like we look so stoic...kind of like the American Gothic painting.

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Beautiful wedding Andrea! Isn't funny when we see wedding pictures of our good friends and wish we could have been there? Too bad we became friends after our weddings, huh? :-)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

What a beautiful celebration!