November 17, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - November 17

Today, I am thankful for my counselor. I started seeing her back in April of this year, and in that time my life has changed completely. I am a completely different person now -- so much happier, so focused and centered and in touch. Today I "graduated" from counseling and I am proud. I will miss our visits but there is someone out there who needs her time more than I do now.

For any of you out there who are struggling with depression, there is no shame in asking for help. There is no reason to suffer in silence. Mental health issues can be treated and you can get better. You owe it to yourself.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I totally agree. As someone with a psychology background, I understand how people can feel ashamed for needing help. Congrats on graduating from counseling. I'm glad it helped.

Thanks for your feedback about daycares on my blog. I can see the holiday aspect, but still struggle with the paid vacations. I can understand if I was on vacation, but the daycare is on vacation. It hasn't been an issue for me, but I know other parents who had to pay for the daycare's vacation as well as for a babysitter the week they were closed b/c they couldn't take off work. Just seems backwards to me.

Anyway - hope all is well with you. I haven't been around to say hi in awhile. School is still kicking my butt. Thanks for sticking around even though I'm not posting much anymore. :o) Have a GREAT thanksgiving if I don't talk to you before then.