December 29, 2010

Angelica and Potty Training: An Update

Another potty-training post! If you don't want to read about peepees and poopies, stop here! :)

Angelica continues to amaze us with her potty training ability! She is still not getting her poopie in the potty, but we have been about five days without a peepee accident..including sleeping in her undies the past two nights. At daycare they told me they put her in a diaper for her nap and she peed in it, but I wonder if they had let her go diaperless if she would have held it until she woke up? Either way, I'm so proud!

Much to my surprise, she's started to prefer to use the "little potty" rather than going on the regular one. It was the opposite when she first started potty training. I guess at some point we'll have to make that transition, but she empties her own little potty into the big one so for now I can't complain!

One cute story...I guess at daycare they call underwear "panties" (we call them underwear or undies at home) and her teacher told Scott on Monday that every time they tell her to pull her panties up, she says, "No! I wear UNDERWEARS, not panties!"

While I am proud, it's kind of bittersweet. This is really the last little bit of babyhood she had left and we're saying goodbye to it. I wonder how long before I get bit by the baby bug again...haha.

1 comment:

Undeserving Grace said...

Ahhhh....I remember those all too well. We tried all different ideas and even spotty and finally one day my daughter proclaimed she would use the potty for both and she did. She had some accidents after starting kindergarten which people tell me is normal but who knows. I sub teach and you'd be surprised the kids only have a couple potty breaks thru the day. Now following from
undeservingrace.com I'd love to have you join me when you get the time! Have a good week filled w/ lots of blessings and grace!
{tara}