January 31, 2011

Angelica Meets Angelica...


...as in, Angelica Pickles.

We didn't choose her name because of this Rugrats character, though believe me, I was asked that a lot when I was pregnant with her. In fact, I hadn't even thought about the character until I was about six months pregnant and I was on a pregnancy message board and we were talking about baby names and another mom-to-be said that name always made her think of Angelica Pickles.

To which I thought "Oh, crap." Because really, that character is such a brat! Fortunately, my Angelica is not as bratty.

So this weekend, I woke up to Angelica and Scott watching Rugrats. Angelica points to the TV and said, "Look Mommy, it's Angelica, her names the sames as mines!"

She now has a new favorite TV show! She doesn't even know it's called Rugrats, she just asks to watch "the one with Angelica in it".

After we got home from church and the farmer's market yesterday, we were watching an episode (hoping to wind her down so she'd take a nap -- FAIL) and I said, "Is that Angelica on TV nice?" She shook her head no, so I asked, "Are you a nice Angelica?" and she shrugged. So I told her she was a very nice girl. And she smiled.

So help me if that bratty TV character rubs off on my little angel though!

6 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Hi! I'm following you from the Monday Blog Hop! I think Angelica is a beautiful name and while I have seen the rugrats, its been so long I would not have related the name to that show at all. :)

Have a great monday and when you can I'd love for you to check out my blog!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm a new follower from today's blog hop! I'm looking forward to reading more!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Sarah

Uberlibrariana

lovinangels said...

Hi, stopped by from the hop! already a follower but wanted to say hi!

http://www.lovinangelseveryday.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Now following from http://www.babydealsdujour.com/blog

We track all of the daily baby deals in real-time. Would love for you to stop by and follow back!

LeeAnn said...

Hahahaha. Red hair and all! Once Angelica's hair is long enough for pigtails, you better watch out. ;-)

Have a great week, my friend.

pamlovesbooks said...

Your angelica is a sweetie! Mine is now, although at one time she was not. She turned 14 the other day and i blogged about it. Where does the time go?