January 11, 2011

Running My Butt Off: Week 2

Having completed week 1, I can say that so far, it's been a rousing success. I lost three pounds! Here's the progress so far:

Week 1: 257
Week 2: 254 (-3)

I completed week 1 of Couch to 5k (again) last week and it was amazing. I forgot how good it feels to run. I even looked forward to waking up at 7 and getting the run out of the way before work.

And then...on Thursday, the day after I completed the third run of the week, the knee pain from hell crept in. I couldn't bend it, I couldn't straighten it, and I couldn't stand on it without searing pain. So, not wanting to further injure it, I took a few days off of running. I had planned to go to the doctor if it wasn't better by Monday, but thankfully I woke up Monday morning feeling back to mormal again. So it looks like C25k week 2 is going to be underway shortly!

I started trying to track calories again last week and failed miserably at it, like I always do. But, I must have done something right if I lost the three pounds. I need to get back into doing that this week...I know it will help keep me accountable.

So, how about you? Anybody have successes they want to share from the past week? Feel free to link up to your weight loss/workout posts below! I'm changing the format this week to something easier -- just add the title of your blog and how much you've lost so far next to it. I'll add mine first as an example!





No comments: