June 23, 2011

Quality, Earth-Friendly Products at EcostoreUSA.com {Review}

In our house, we're big fans of eco-friendly products. I, for one, consider it one of my purposes in life to leave the Earth a better place than it was when I got here, so if a product can reduce my carbon footprint, it gets two thumbs up in my book. Products that are also wallet-friendly get bonus points.

And that's where EcostoreUSA.com comes into play! They offer high-quality, affordable, eco-friendly household products for many different purposes. They also work with Healthy Child, Healthy World, a non-profit organization which seeks to help parents protect their children from harmful chemicals. I love this! The last thing I want to do is subject Angelica to any of the harsh sulfates and other petrochemicals in other household products.

I was fortunate enough to be able to review their Pure Oxygen Whitener and Coconut and Vanilla Body Wash.


Pure Oxygen Whitener

The Pure Oxygen Whitener is a color-safe clothes whitener/brightener made from plant-based ingredients...and is probably my new favorite laundry product. It's super concentrated, so two tablespoons will do a whole load of laundry. It has the Healthy Child, Healthy World seal, so you can feel good about using it on your baby's laundry. My baby is now a pre-schooler and I think she gets dirtier now than she ever did as a baby, and having used this product on her laundry a few times, I can testify that it works.

The big test was Angelica's car seat, though. We've been doing a lot of trips to the park, picnics, and other outdoor activities. As three year olds do, Angelica got filthy and brought the filth into her car seat...along with some juice box and cracker spills...so in just a few weeks it went from clean to looking like this...

Can you say...eww?

I took apart the car seat and ran it through the wash with the Pure Oxygen Whitener. I also mixed some of it into some warm water to wipe down the straps. This was how the car seat looked when it was done.

Hey, it's practically like new again!

Usually I dread having to clean her car seat because I have to wash it a couple of times to get all of the stains out...this took one wash and just a few minutes of wiping down the straps and our two year old car seat practically looks like it's fresh out of the box. It works, it's eco-friendly, and at $12.00 for 35.3 ounces, it's affordable, too!

Coconut and Vanilla Body Wash

I will pause for a moment here and say that I do not have any photos of this product in use, so you'll just have to trust me when I say I've used it. I'm really not keen on taking pictures of myself or Angelica in the bath and posting them all over the Internet. :)

That said, I love this body wash! It also has the Healthy Child, Healthy World sticker, so I feel good about using it on Angelica as well as using it myself. We both have sensitive skin and I've been able to use it without any problems.

One thing that concerns a lot of people with sensitive skin is fragrances in products, which can be irritating. The fragrance is from certified organic essential oil, so it's non-irritating (in my experience, anyway), and smells wonderful. It's a very delicate scent, but the smell is reminiscent of coconut sunscreen.

Like EcoStoreUSA's other products, the Coconut and Vanilla Body Wash is also free of sulfates, artificial dyes and other preservatives, so it's Earth-friendly and skin friendly. And, at $8.00 for 13.7 ounces, it's also budget-friendly!


Like what you've read? Check out EcoStoreUSA's full line of eco-friendly baby care, bath & body, household cleaning, and pet care products.

You can also find EcoStoreUSA on Facebook and Twitter.

Disclosure: I was not financially compensated for this review in any way but was provided with products free of charge for the purpose of this review. Receipt of these products at no-charge has no bearing on the content of this post, which is my opinion only. Make sure to read the Disclosure Policy page for full details. A big thanks to EcoStoreUSA for providing the review package!



No comments: