February 2, 2012

Once upon a time in Angelica world...

So this evening Angelica and I were camping out, watching My Little Pony and enjoying our time together, when I had to go to the bathroom. It happens. And when you have a 3 year old, it's never easy to navigate the right time for it to happen. This time, she was wrapped up in watching My Little Pony so I just went upstairs to go to the bathroom without saying anything.

No sooner had I sat down on the seat, I hear, "MOMMY! WHERE ARE YOU?"

I reply, "I'm in the bathroom! Be right there!"
She yells back, "But Mommy! I need to tell you something!"
I yell: "Okay! Be right there!"
"BUT I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!" Enter hysterical crying here. I was gone for less than a minute and she was hysterical.

I finish up on the potty and wash my hands and go back downstairs and she is just wailing. I give her a hug and ask her what she needed to tell me.

"I'll tell you TOMORROW. LEAVE ME ALONE." she yells.

So I back off and give her some room. She calms down. Silence for a few minutes. Then...

"Mommy, did you know Rainbow Jack can fly?" I assured her that I did.

"Now that you're calm, do you want to tell me what you wanted to say a minute ago?"

"I just did!"

Oh, the priorities of a three year old. Gone for less than a minute, and I missed something incredibly important.