November 25, 2008

Angelica put herself to sleep!

Oh man, here's a first!

I put Angelica down for bed tonight...she got her bath, we had a little play time in her bedroom, and then she got half-swaddled and got a bottle. She decided it was full and pushed away...I could see she was tired but was having trouble falling asleep.

So I put her down in her crib, put her lovey in her arms...went and sat down in the rocking chair and nary a peep came from the crib. When I looked back in on her, she was sound asleep, thumb in her mouth and lovey in her other hand.

Sniff...sniff...my baby girl is growing up so fast...just one in a series of things she'll no longer need my help with as she grows up.

1 comment:

Ani said...

hey! its not that she doesn't need you, its just that she can sleep by herself... she'll need you forever, you know that!!!