November 28, 2008

Angelica's First Thanksgiving

As you can see from this picture, Angelica's first Thanksgiving was a hit! She probably stuffed her face with more than I did (especially since I spent more time feeding her than myself). Eventually she got so excited over everything that I just handed the plate to her and let her have at it. It was hilarious because she knew exactly what to do. She grabbed stuff off of the plate with her hands and shoved it in her mouth. Then that got too slow, so as you can see, she resorted to picking the plate itself up and shoving it in her mouth. The end result, of course, was this...

That is what her Thanksgiving onesie looked like after she'd been stripped down for a bath. She was SO messy, but had such a great time. I'm so glad we were able to make her first Thanksgiving a success!






This meal was also, appropriately enough, the first time we introduced meats. She got a feast of turkey baby food with strained sweet potatoes (I took some of my own sweet potatoes and strained it for her.) I also introduced her to the wonderful world of cranberry sauce (to which she was indifferent) and pumpkin pie (which she loved!) The turkey also seemed to go over okay. She made a face with the first bite, but ate it anyway. I think we'll probably keep trying one meal with meat a week until she gets used to it!

Hope your Thanksgivings were fantastic!

No comments: