August 23, 2010

NOT McFatty Monday

I'm not writing a McFatty Monday post this week. Let's just say that we had a lot of good times and overindulgence this past weekend (Pizza THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW? Check!) and the number on the scale this morning was embarrassing. Big time.

In spite of the overindulgence, we had a lot of fun! Friday our friends Gary and Anna came over...we all had dinner together and then Anna and I had a "girls night out" of sorts. We went out and got frozen yogurt and talked until almost 11:30 at night.

Saturday we celebrated my mom's birthday. My sister's kids were there also, so the cousins all got to play together. The best part? After dinner, we were cutting the birthday cake and my mom asked, "Who wants cake?" Angelica shot her hand up in the air and yelled, "ME! I WANT CAKE!" I'm still laughing.

Yesterday we visited with Scott's grandparents and cousin, who live about an hour and a half north of us. (Well, his grandma mostly stays in Connecticut now helping out a family member, but she was in town for a few days.) Angelica got to go in the swimming pool with water wings on and she was a natural. She loved it, and kept saying, "Look at me! I'm SWIMMING!" And making Daddy do "big jumps" into the pool. I have a picture (crappy quality, from my Blackberry)...


(Don't worry, Scott was in the pool with her, just out of frame.)

I guess swimming lessons are in this girl's near future. She loves the water!

So, that was a much happier post/recap of the weekend than my McFatty Monday post would have been this week :) Maybe next week I'll have good news on that front!



1 comment:

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Sometimes you just need a break from the weight loss game. Glad you had fun!