October 14, 2010

The Backtalk

So, this morning I woke up to a rarity: A cooperative two year old. (Gasp!) She actually volunteered for a diaper change and let me pick her outfit, getting dressed without a fight.

I breathed a sigh of relief and wondered if I woke up in an alternate reality where Angelica would live up to the "angel" part of her name.

And oh, it continued through breakfast! She ate without a fight, accepted apple juice instead of a second cup of chocolate milk, and said please and thank you and excuse me and all the polite things I ask of her.

I should NOT have counted my blessings.

When I picked her up from daycare, she whined about getting in the car, hit me when I tried to help her into her seat, pulled my hair when I picked her up and then finally, as she gave in and actually started getting in the car, she yelled the worst thing she's ever said:

"Go away, stupid Mommy!"

I gasped (from the shock) and told her that wasn't very nice. I asked if she really thought I was stupid and thankfully her reply was, "Nooooo, you not stupid."

Then we hugged and made up.

My goodness, the back talk has got to stop!

5 comments:

LeeAnn said...

It will stop...when she is 30! :-D

Closer to Lucy said...

Lol @LeeAnn..I was gonna say just think you only have about thirty more years!!

Out for relax and surf..following you now.
come on by when you get a chance
http://closertolucy.blogspot.com

Katie Adams said...

New follower from the relax & surf blog hop! Hope you can return the follow.

Katie
http://diaryofmomma00.blogspot.com

Traci66 said...

I found your blog via Relax ans Surf Sunday and decided to follow you. I hope you will come see me and maybe decide to follow me also.
http://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/10/relax-and-surf-sunday.html

CheekyMommaof2 said...

I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by and follow me back!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Cheers from Being Frugal & Making It Work!