October 18, 2010

McFatty Monday: The Late Edition

I contemplated not even posting a McFatty Monday this week, but it keeps me accountable. So here goes.

Weigh In:
Yesterday (Sunday) I peeked at the scale first thing in the morning and saw 245. Yay! Then this morning I stepped on the scale and saw 248. BOO!

I know that I once again did NOT gain three pounds overnight. I did, however, eat a lot of salty food yesterday since I was pretty much out of the house from 12 PM - 8 PM running errands and doing a photo shoot, so I'm blaming it on water weight. Oh, and PMS, because that's always the perfect scapegoat.

Diet:
As of last Tuesday, I'm back on Weight Watchers Online. Every bit of me fought it. I hate tracking food with a passion. I absolutely loathe it with every fiber of my being. But, obviously what I've been doing hasn't been working, and in spite of the fact that I've been running my gigantic butt off since July, I've only lost about ten pounds. Not. Fair. So back to tracking I go. I used to do SparkPeople...but I find that their site has SO many awesome things to do that I can lose myself for hours in there (literally -- especially doing random things to up my points with the site...I'm very competitive). With Weight Watchers, I sign in, log my points, and sign out. It's simpler. And for a week, I've stuck with it.

One interesting thing about Weight Watchers...I had joined (for probably the 20th time) about two months after Angelica was born. I rejoined using the same account and when I posted my weight, it said I had lost 25 pounds. So I guess that's good. That's a positive number to think about!

Exercise:
Also, speaking of running...my sister has a gym membership where she can bring guests, so I went with her Sunday afternoon and did my Sunday run on the treadmill. Up until that point, I had not used a treadmill in over a year, and I can say without hesitation that, as someone who runs outdoors on a regular basis, running on a treadmill was a very, very awkward experience. For the first few minutes my feet just didn't know how to handle the ground moving underneath it. It was hard to figure out how to pace myself. It was definitely hard to not have landmarks to use to pace myself either. (Usually, when I start to wear out I'll tell myself "oh, you only have to run to X point and then you're there!" There is no X point on a treadmill!) But, it was definitely a great experience once I got used to it.

My legs are literally throbbing from the weight machines though.

And here's where I'll stop for this week! I am hoping for a MUCH more positive update next week...where hopefully I will be able to say I am AT 244 (or below? Eek, that kind of scares me to think about!)

No comments: