October 10, 2010

Funny quotes from the weekend

There's no way I can possibly remember all of the funny things that Angelica says each day, but here are some highlights just from this weekend:

---

Angelica says, walking down the street away from our house: "We're going to where I live?"
Me: "Oh? Where do you live?"
Angelica: "In the FOREST!"

---

In the supermarket today, me in all of my clumsy glory, knocked a bottle of pasta sauce off of the shelf, causing it to smash into a million pieces and make the biggest mess ever. Angelica turns to me and says, "What did you DO, Mommy?"
Me: I broke a jar of pasta sauce.
Angelica: Oh,  you spilled. It's okay, Mommy, it an accident!

(Then, the ENTIRE REST OF THE SHOPPING TRIP, she kept saying, "You spilled the sauce, Mommy? It ok, it was accident!" over, and over, and over. Embarrasing!)

---

Out in the front yard, she started to walk off. Scott asked her where she was going.
She says, "To my sister's house!"
She's an only child. I wonder if that's a hint?

---

About 800 times, she farted and blamed her father.

---

I told her that if she wants to be big and strong, she has to eat her dinner. (Meals have been a battle lately!)
Night one, she finished dinner and said, "Okay Mommy, I big and strong now!" and pushed her plate away.
Night two, she pushed her plate away without eating a bite and said, "I already big and strong!" Mommylogic, fail.

---

I picked her up and we were looking out the window, when she suddenly grabbed the top of my shirt, yanked it down and yelled, "Boobies! Boobies boobies!" (Where the hell did she learn that???)

---

She told me that our cat was going to be a black cat for Halloween. Said cat is already black.

---

Scott asked her who her best friend was. She said, "Mommy!" He asked if he could be her best friend too, and she said "Nope!"

---

Oh I could add on and on and on to this list...as much as the terrible twos can fry my nerves, she has some pretty endearing qualities. She is so smart, so witty, and so funny. And she has definitely developed her dad's sense of sarcasm. I love this little girl!

No comments: