November 10, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness - November 10

Today, I am so thankful for my ob/gyn. Weird thing to be thankful for, right? Especially for a chick who isn't pregnant and doesn't plan to be for a very long time. After having Angelica, and going through some pretty awful postpartum depression due to grieving over the overwhelmingly disappointing birth experience I had (due in large part to the egotistical, misogynistic doctor I had during my pregnancy), I am so thankful that I now have a NEW doctor who treats me with respect. I had a visit with him today (just a checkup/prescription refill check-in) and he kept telling me what a fantastic job I'm doing taking care of my health while balancing work and parenting.

 Oh, and he's one of the very few in the area who will perform a VBAC, should I choose to go that route.

Good doctors are hard to come by! So thank you, doc, for being one of the good ones.

No comments: