January 18, 2011

Running My Butt Off: Week 3

Well, well, well. If it isn't the old "plateau" week.

Anybody else ever experience this? Week 1 goes really well, but week 2 you just hit a wall and the weight doesn't come off? I know it's normal because your body just dumps water weight that first week but it's kind of disappointing.

The scale did not budge this week. 254, round two:

Week 1: 257
Week 2: 254 (-3)
Week 3: 254 (-0)

Here's a little secret I have to confess as well. I had the best intentions of doing Couch to 5k. I got through week 1 and then a "cold front" came through and my wimpy Florida blood was screaming "NO! STAY IN BED! IT'S ONLY 50 DEGRESS OUTSIDE! IT'S TOO COLD!"

(Readers who live north of me: Go ahead and laugh. Yep. I know. I'm a wuss!)

So, having gotten through yet another week of not working out because of my wimpy Florida blood, I've decided to temporarily scrap Couch to 5k and do a round of the 30 Day Shred video until it gets closer to spring. Then I'll start running again -- but now I can't use the excuse that it's too cold!

Food wise...eh, I could have done better. I tracked all of one meal last week. I just hate tracking food with a passion. I use online tools to do it but I'm thinking I might do better with a pen and paper system. I don't know for sure though. I think I just really hate tracking food..even if it is a necessary evil.

Oh well...I know THIS week I will lose the 2 pounds I'm striving for!

Got a health or weight-loss related post? Link it up below!



4 comments:

Ehm Aye Why said...

Girl I hear you!! I started working out again and my scale isn't budging. It's stuck at 263. No matter what! And the rare time it dips below that, it pops right back up a day later. And I SUCK SUCK SUCK at food journaling. I have tried every which way, online, pen and paper, cell phone apps, everything. And I always quit after a few days. It's so sad lol. I dunno how to make myself stay on it??? Oh well I haven't given up yet lol. I do love exercising. So I'm just gonna hope it starts helping! When it warms up we should hang out and be active! Good lucks ;-)

LeeAnn said...

Why does losing weight have to be so frustrating? I'm glad to see you're still at it, and still trying to exercise...even though it has been ridiculously cold here. (I wouldn't be out running in that either, for sure.) Good luck with Shred...I know a lot of people who have had great results from it!

kewkew said...

My losses are sort of similar to yours. 3.3 the first week and .9 the second week. And I was depressed because it was only .9

I have just reviewed a great book called Alpine Weight Loss Secrets by Stefan Aschan and plan to start implementing some of his advice. If you are interested I have a giveaway for a copy of the book over at my main blog
http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2011/01/alpine-weight-loss-secrets-review-and.html
My weight loss blog is
http://itsgonnaturnaround.blogspot.com/
I don't have time to track food, so I don't. Where I live it is 11 degrees and I am not going out. We use the WiiFit, Wii Biggest Loser and I do my Aerobic dvd. Can't wait til it warms up so I can take my walks again.

by the way if you look at your post you lost 9 pounds this week.
Hope this week is going better

Brea said...

I'm right there with you!! I was doing great, then got off track. Back at it again! It just takes persistence. :) YOU CAN DO IT!! :)