January 25, 2011

Running My Butt Off: Week 4 {Linky}

Well, let's get this part out of the way:
Week 1: 257
Week 2: 254 (-3)
Week 3: 254 (-0)
Week 4: 254 (-0)

Another week of running in place.

I'll admit right now that I had quite a bit of a breakdown last night when I got on the scale for a "preview" of what this morning would bring. I know myself well enough to know that I have a very, very hard time sticking to weight loss plans for an extended length of time. Aside from the running I did last summer, and some tremendous success I had about 12 years ago (I lost 80 pounds and within the last 12 years I've gained that back and a whole lot more) I have not been able to stick to anything.

So, that brought on the breakdown. Another thing I'm not good at is asking for help, but last night I did. I told Scott how frustrated I was and how I needed support and he jumped right on board. We went to the kitchen and disposed of or marked for donation any junk food that was in the kitchen...which really wasn't much, we eat healthy, it's portion control that's the problem. I made a big donation to the food donation box this morning.

And, today, I'm back to eating healthy and exercising.

I don't know what the next week will bring, but I have a feeling it's going to be much better than this one.

Got a weight loss, health, or exercise post? Link it up below!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie!! If someone knows what you're going through its me. I never stuck to anything and here I am a year later still sticking with it. Its so HARD and its been roller coaster. It also hasn't been all successes no failures. I still managed to gain some weight back however, the trick is sticking to it. Find out why it is you're truly wanting to do this. What does it mean to you? Once you know don't lose focus and you'll see. :-)
Try to find a work out you enjoy, maybe a Zumba class or check out the boot camp I'm doing www.hdfitpro.com.

I'm here for any support or advice! :)

Nery

My name is Anna said...

Hey Andrea! I know how you feel. I had a breakdown a few weeks ago and felt so discouraged about losing weight. Ever since our vacation in October I've been on a non-stop eating binge and gained about 15 pounds (15 pounds in 3 months!). But this time, instead of trying to stick to an exhausting regime, I made myself guidlines for a healthier 2011. A big part of it is realizing that it's 90% in my brain or having and keeping the motivation to make better decisions everyday. As far as the food, I am now focused more on eating whole foods that are healthy and nourishing, getting in the super foods (blueberries, salmon, almonds etc.), cutting out fake foods (fast food, processed foods, white carbs, "diet" foods) and making eating out special again (instead of an everyday thing). I am not so hard on myself, giving myself the grace to not be perfect and allowing myself a day to eat whatever I want every now and then. I've lost 9 pounds already but more importantly, I've found a way to live healthfully everyday and be satisfied. For the first time, I feel like I am on a path of healthy eating that I can sustain for the rest of my life.

P.S. I think cutting out processed food and artificial sweetners was really the key for me. Those foods are engineered to make you crave them. I no longer really have cravings since giving them up.

TNS Family Value[s] said...

Cute blog! I'm your newest follower from the blog hop!

www.tnsfamilyvalues.blogspot.com