January 24, 2011

Somewhere out there...

Last night, Scott asked me, "Do you ever just look at the pictures of Angelica on the wall and think about how beautiful she truly is?" To which I replied, "Of course!" Because I like to think she is the most beautiful little girl in the world!

I followed that by saying, "One day, she is going to make some poor guy so miserable!" Between her good looks and fiery spirit, you can count on that. But then with her sweet ways and generous heart, she'll be a fantastic partner as well.

Scott then burst into song, singing Pat Benetar's "Heartbreaker".

I got to thinking after that, though...somewhere out there, right now, there is some little boy who is building block towers and making his mommy crazy with temper tantrums who doesn't even know that one day he's going to fall in love with her. And likewise for her. She can make me tear my hair out on a regular basis and melt my heart with her cuteness, but she doesn't know that one day she'll be driving that little boy crazy and melting HIS heart with her cuteness.

It's just kind of sweet to think about. Because one day, several years ago, that was me and Scott. :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

newest fan from blog hop
love for you to visit back

http://stayingclosetohome.blogspot.com
also following you via twitter and fb @stayclosetohome and Close to home

Debbie said...

That is a very sweet thought! And now that mine are getting older, I'm seeing this in action.
Came over from one of those hops:)

Unknown said...

Hi!

Visiting you from Monday Blog Hops

~Veronica Fulton
from
TheChickenistaReviews

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

aww, that is sweet and a little scary and sad too!

I look at my little princesses and how fast the time seems to go and realize that the day is not as far off as it seems. Sigh!

This was a great post!
Bernadette
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

Brea said...

How sweet! :)

New follower here hopping on by from Mom Monday Hop :)

Brea
www.becomingbrea.com

Always Kara said...

Following through Mingle Mondays! http://sahmandusmcwife.blogspot.com/

My Fitness World said...

Hopping by on a Monday night!!! I'm your new follower.

Jodi said...

Thank you for stopping by and following me from the Monday blog hops! I am a new follower of yours. :-)

Make sure you stop by both my blogs on Thursday...I have a hop on each one.

Have a great day!

Jodi
A Mom Having Fun
Helping Moms Work From Home