February 22, 2011

Running My Butt Off: Week 8

I know it's been awhile since I've done a true weight loss blog. I blogged last week about my year as a vegetarian, but I think the last true weight loss post I did was on February 1st, which was week 5. To recap, I was celebrating the victory of getting back down to 251 after a couple of weeks of remaining the same weight.

Since then I've been slacking. Majorly. Between Scott's business trip and some emotional garbage I've been working through, tracking and working out have been the last things on my mind. As of this week, though, I'm back on the wagon again! I weighed in this morning...so let's recap this year's progress:

Week 1: 257
Week 2: 254 (-3)
Week 3: 254 (-0)
Week 4: 254 (-0)
Week 5: 252 (-2)
Week 8: 251 (-1)

Pretty lucky, right? I must be adopting some pretty good habits if I was still able to lose a pound without tracking or working out.

I have other good news: My knee is finally on the mend! Which means I can start Couch to 5k again! Providing Scott gets home from work at a reasonable time tonight, I'm starting tonight back at week 1, day 1. I couldn't be more excited. It has become apparent to me over the past couple of weeks just how important proper diet and exercise are, not just for my physical health, but for treating my depression as well.

Since I don't have a gym membership, I've also taken to the stairs to strengthen my leg muscles. In the past three weeks, we moved to a new building and I currently work on the tenth floor. Yesterday I got inspired by my colleague who runs 30 flights (with a weighted vest!) daily and decided to walk the ten flights down and back up to my floor. Oy. Going down was no problem but coming back up, by the fifth floor I was pretty sure I was going to die right there in the stairwell. I felt good after I was done though. It felt like an accomplishment!

This week I also got a bit of inspiration. One of my best friends (Hi Rachel!) is a personal trainer (in training) and she recently posted on Facebook about a major milestone she hit in her own fitness. Now, mind you, Rachel is considerably hotter and fitter than most girls out there, but fitting into a smaller jeans size is (generally speaking) a good thing no matter how big or small you are, as long as you're eating healthy and taking care of yourself. So I'm sparked. I want to hit that same goal...I have 20 sizes more to go than she did but I think I can do it.

I've decided to discontinue the linky because nobody was really using it, but if you miss it, comment and I'll think about bringing it back.

Thanks for reading and if you have any stories of your own from the past few weeks, comment away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to send you some encouragement! I know how frustrating it is to have an injury- but glad to hear you can start C25K again!

Sarah

Uberlibrariana

Jill said...

Great job with your weight loss so far! Stairs are a great way to train, and work all the right 'bits'!!

I'm following you from the Good friends just click blog hop.

Hope you'll stop by my blog sometime too!
Have a lovely week.

http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/