March 11, 2011

Five Question Friday: March 11

My loyal readers have probably noticed that my posts have been sporadic the past week. It has been quite the week! Hubby came down with the flu on Monday and was pretty much in bed all week. I had some trouble with a recurring medical issue (sparing you the details). And Angelica was just...well...she was just "two" but surprisingly good for two. I think she only had three timeouts this week! And she continues being a total mama's girl, though I know she's really glad that her Daddy is back on his feet as of today.

But it's FRIDAY. And as of 5:00 PM today, I will be on "stay"cation until next Friday. I'm taking that time for just me...to get myself back together, work on some ideas I've had floating around in my brain for awhile and generally just recharge. And, hopefully write some blog posts -- I've got a couple of reviews and giveaways coming up too so those will be going up next week.

Anyway, today's Five Question Friday looks fun! Enjoy :)



1. Do you know what your REAL hair color is?
I sure do! It's red. And the only coloring I do on my hair is to cover the greys that are coming in...speaking of which, I really do need to get that touched up again...

2. Do you plan ahead for summer, or fly by the seat of your pants?
I don't really do either. Summer is just a time for outdoor fun. Since the sun doesn't go down until later, we spend our evenings playing outside or in the kiddie pool, or just doing something generally fun and outdoorsy. This may change when I have school aged kids but for now my little toddler-almost-preschooler doesn't really have a "summer".

3. What is your favorite meal to cook?
Oh goodness -- I could go on forever. I love, love, love to cook. I guess my favorite is making homemade macaroni and cheese, mainly because Angelica will actually eat it.

4. Do you get offended by not receiving thank yous?
No, and I can't really afford to be because I am the worst about sending out thank you notes. I feel such deep gratitude for all the gifts we ever receive and I feel guilty for this. I need to work on it.

5. How did you meet your best friend?
I could be cheesy and start telling the story about how I met my husband but I know that's not really what this question is asking.

I met my oldest best friend at a retail job we both had in early adulthood (about 13 years ago). I think we were the only two truly sane people there!

My other best friend..that story is much funnier. I had just broken up with a boyfriend (a few months before I met Scott) and another friend threw me a "freedom" party (that is another long story). She was a mutual friend and was invited to the party and we just hit it off and became great friends. She has an adorable four year old son with whom I've already arranged a marriage for Angelica. (Kidding!)

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I have always let summer just roll along as it happens too. There's so much planning in the school year that it's nice to wing it during the summer.

April said...

My daughter only likes mac and cheese too! I'm a new follower from the hop!

Frugally Green Mom

Night Owl Mama said...

awww how fun. I love all the pic's and the 2nd one is my favorite

http://www.thenightowlmama.com