March 29, 2011

Running My Butt Off: Week 12

Okay, so where did I leave off? I seem to recall stating on March 1 (week 9) that I was going to lose 8 pounds this month. I'm not going to make excuses -- all I am going to say is that I let life get in the way this month and this goal is most definitely not going to be met. The week after I made the 8 pound goal, hubs came down with the flu. Then I was on vacation. Then I came down with bronchitis the week after. And now here we are.

Week 1: 257
Week 2: 254 (-3)
Week 3: 254 (-0)
Week 4: 254 (-0)
Week 5: 252 (-2)
Week 8: 251 (-1)
Week 9: 252 (+1)
Week 12: 252 (-0)

I guess if I wind up with a net loss/gain of zero for the month I'm doing okay all things considered. April WILL be better!

While I was on vacation a couple of weeks ago, I came up with a pretty fantastic eating plan. Ultimately, I know this has to be a lifestyle change if it's going to stick. I also don't want to crash the weight off because that will result in loss of muscle mass and kill my metabolism. (Thank you, Fat2FitRadio for the scientific explanation about that!) Weight loss for me isn't about the numbers, it's about feeling healthy, being healthy, and making a change that will last for a lifetime. If it means I only lose 1-2 pounds a week (which, by the way, is what is considered a healthy rate of weight loss), I am just fine with that. I'm the tortoise, not the hare. (The hare lost the race anyway, so I wouldn't want to be him).

The frustrating side of this, though, is that my plan included eating a more robust breakfast so that I don't wind up with a sugar crash and end up making poor choices for lunch. Unfortunately, so far I have been unable to force myself to eat the breakfast I had planned - regular Cheerios (grains) with skim milk (dairy), a banana (fruit) and greek yogurt (protein). By the time I finish the Cheerios, I just can't eat anymore. I'm not a morning person and I guess my stomach isn't either. Maybe if I could get more sleep at night I could. I've made it a goal to work on that.

I mentioned Fat2FitRadio a minute ago, and I want to elaborate a bit. It's a health/weight loss podcast that is just fantastic. It comes out about once every ten days. I've been listening to them for a long time now...I had stopped for awhile but I got back into them recently. They advocate healthy weight loss using scientifically proven techniques. One of the hosts has lost 100 pounds since starting the show and using the plan they prescribe. So that's where I am going from here!

I'll leave this post now and go forth and meet goals! I will lose 8 pounds in APRIL! Hooray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something we used to do at work all the time was to put cereal in our yogurt. Then we didn't have to worry about spilling milk and if we put the cereal in stages, it didn't get soggy. I say this because the yogurt has more nutritional value than the skim milk on your cereal, so maybe try cereal and banana in yogurt? Or save the banana as your mid-morning snack?

~Erin
http://dreamingwithmidnite.com
TwitterID: Midnite592

Lisa Noel said...

you're still ahead of where you started!!!

Janessa said...

I'm not a morning person either and I have a terrible time eating breakfast on my Weight Watchers plan too. Ugh.

Liz Mays said...

Thanks for sharing that podcast with us. I find eating breakfast (as much as I hate doing it) makes a huge difference too.