June 21, 2011

Tell Us Something Good - Surprise!

Angelica's Awesome Adventures

It's Tuesday! Come tell us something GOOD that's going on in your life this week! The rules are easy...just make a post on your blog about something that made you smile this week, then come back and add YOUR "Tell Us Something Good" post to the linky below! If you want to share the button, you can grab it from the box at the top of this post too.



Well, ladies, it's official. My husband is the best. You might think yours is, but you are most definitely wrong.

My birthday was this weekend (the one in which I celebrated being 29 for the third time), and all week Scott kept promising me a trip to the Cheesecake Factory...one of my most favorite restaurants. He told me he had arranged a babysitter and had even made reservations at the restaurant. (I've never known the Cheesecake Factory to be a place you needed reservations...that should have been a clue!) I was so excited for it all week!

Saturday morning Angelica and I went to the premiere of Cars 2 with LeeAnn and Rylie and Scott said he had some last minute shopping to do. When we got back from the movie, LeeAnn and Brian were packing up to go to St. Pete for the weekend (or so I thought), and Angelica and I went home and took a nap.

When we woke up, it was time to go, so we got ready, and drove up to our church, where the girl who runs the church nursery was going to be watching Angelica.

When we arrived, we walked into the Assembly Room, where we were supposed to be meeting the babysitter and dropping off Angelica...and all of a sudden, a group of my friends jump up and yell, "SURPRISE!"

Clearly we weren't going to the Cheesecake Factory, but this was oh so much better. They had arranged a pot luck dinner, so there was a TON of good food. My friend Samantha had taken a pile of Angelica's school artwork and stayed up all night scrapbooking a few pieces of it for decorations and cooking some delicious desserts. LeeAnn and Brian were there, even though I had thought they were leaving to go to St. Pete after we got back from the movie...I have no idea how she managed to hang out with me all day morning and part of the afternoon and not give away the surprise!

I have not felt that loved in a long time! Everyone seemed to have such a great time (except for poor Bryce, who got bit by a bug over in the nursery...that poor baby!) and I left with more junk food than anyone should have. (Seriously. I weighed in yesterday morning and it was not pretty at all.)

Apparently two weeks of planning went into that party and Scott managed to do it all without my ever suspecting a thing. He is such a clever man, and I am such a lucky, lucky wife.

So, anyone who is reading this who was there last weekend: THANK YOU for coming and making my day so special. I have the best friends and the best family. You guys ROCK!



Link up below with me and LeeAnn from The Life of Rylie...and Bryce Too! Let's spread the joy!

*Please note: This linky is only for those participating in Tell Us Something Good. You are welcome to link up a recent post about something good in your life, we just ask that you include the Tell Us Something Good badge somewhere in your post. We hate to have "rules", but we want to be fair to those that are participating. Thank you for understanding.*






2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Yes, Scott is awesome! I won't go so far as to say he's the best (because mine is), but he is definitely up there with the best of the best. ;-) I honestly can't believe that he pulled it off and you had absolutely no clue. He did a GREAT job in coordinating everything. I was definitely impressed.

It was sooooo hard to basically lie to your face all morning Saturday. LOL

I am so sorry we had to leave early due to Bryce's little mishap...I was REALLY looking forward to that cake! :-)

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I am so glad we were able to be there to help Scott pull off your fantastic party!

Karen Greenberg said...

Oh, that IS something good! I think that one takes the cake. Ha, ha. Anyway, I don't think my husband could have pulled that off. It sounds like you had a great time. Happy Birthday!