May 13, 2012

Angelica and Mommy on Mother's Day



That's me and my girl on my fourth Mother's Day! And now, I have a brief letter for my little girl.

Dear Angelica,
In 2008, you made me a mother. You arrived in my life, not just like a ray of light, but like a bolt of lightning, full of fire and energy and life. Over the past four years, I have watched you grow and have seen the world through your eyes, which has introduced me to a whole new way of living. From the moment you arrived, I wondered how I ever lived before you were here, because while life was good back then, it pales in comparison to the big life your dad and I share with you now. The way you embrace life, from the littlest details to the biggest of mountains has shown me what it truly means to live. As a child, you are, as you should be, always in the moment, which serves as a good reminder to me to always remain present. This morning, you came bounding into my room full of energy, so proud to present me with breakfast in bed, a card you signed yourself, and a box of chocolates (that you picked out yourself!) and wished me a Happy Mother's Day, and while I am tremendously grateful for those tokens of your love, what I am truly thankful for is that you are in my life. You are a wonderful, smart, talented, beautiful, sweet and loving little girl. Every day you make me proud to be your mother, and having you as my daughter is greater than any gift I could have ever hoped for.

Love always,
Mommy



2 comments:

Shirley George said...

Precious comment. They grow up so fast.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

sweet words and what a great pic!