December 1, 2008

271 (-0 this week, -6 total)

Well, I didn't gain over the week of Thanksgiving...but I didn't really "lose" either. I guess, technically, I lost 0.4lbs (because I always round my weight down, last week I was 271.4, today I was 271 even) but that's not really a "loss". But, I didn't gain! So that's great news.

Today I'm starting a new plan...squeezing in 30 minutes of walking on my lunch break at work. That way even on the days when I'm too tired/the baby's too fussy/I don't feel good/I get sidetracked at night, I'll have at least clocked 30 minutes of some kind of activity during the day. Something is better than nothing!

Also, an NSV (non-scale victory):
If you recall, my biggest reason for starting this weight loss journey was more about my health than the number on the scale (though the two are certainly tied together). My biggest concern was my blood pressure...you know, the thing that caused so much trouble for me during pregnancy? Well, when I went to the OB in October, it was still high, hovering around 148/89...so high that my OB switched my birth control meds amidst concerns about blood clots. Well, over the weekend I had to go to the walk-in clinic due to an ear infection, and they took my vitals while I was there. The nurse asked me if I had any health conditions, and I mentioned my blood pressure...but when she took it, it was 128/82! She looked at me and said, "Well, that's not so bad! That's almost normal!"

That's more important to me than the lack of change on the scale. That means something I'm doing is working!

No comments: