January 29, 2010

That was a strange sensation...

Project365 (2010) - Day 29, Jan 29

This was the scene in our household this evening. These two really do make quite a pair, don't they? Nobody makes Angelica laugh like Daddy can (even though I've been known to have her belt out a belly laugh every now and again)!

Take note of the outfit she's wearing before I continue with the following story.

Shortly after this picture was taken, Scott, Angelica and I were all laying on our stomachs on the floor coloring in her Dora coloring book, when she suddenly gets up, and runs into the kitchen...which was directly behind me and out of my line of view.

We hear her rustling around with the pictures we have in magnetic frames on the fridge, which include a couple of our engagement photos, a wedding photo, and multiple photos of her as an infant. We continue coloring (yes, we both just love coloring that much) while listening to her say "Mommy! Daddy! A-ca-ca!" as she rotates through the pictures.

Suddenly, I feel something literally leap onto my back. Wild laughter ensues as she delights in the fact that she has totally startled me and has tackled me in such a way that I can not only not see her, but I can't grab her and can't get up. All of a sudden, Scott laughs and says "Oh my goodness!" over and over again. I panic, thinking something's wrong, and reach back and...

I grab a naked leg.

If you'll notice in the picture above, she's wearing full overalls and a t-shirt! Somehow while in the kitchen she was able to completely remove her overalls all by herself, all without making a peep about it. She's been doing that with pants for a long time, but not with more complicated clothes (like overalls).

We laughed. Our little girl is growing up! (She is officially 20 months old now, after all!)

No comments: