January 23, 2010

This is the song, la la la la, Elmo's song...

Tonight we decided to get out of the house and brave a restaurant with our (almost) 20 month old. This is something we don't do frequently. I think I've figured out the trick to getting through dinner without Angelica screaming, asking to get up, running around the restaurant, or otherwise making a scene:



I pull out my BlackBerry, and as soon as Angelica sees it, she starts yelling "Elmo SHONG, Elmo SHONG!" So I have that video bookmarked and pull it up in the browser (and cross my fingers that we're not in a black hole for cell phone reception).

So that held her over for about twenty minutes, and then she started asking for Cookie Monster (which sounds more like "Kooky mon-sher!"), which means that she wants to watch C is for Cookie:



Funny thing about this...I was visiting my sister and her kids yesterday, and she had asked for "kooky mon-sher" and I didn't have enough cell phone reception to get the video to play. Well, my sister started singing it a little while later (while giving the kids cookies...go ahead, judge me!) and Angelica shot her a death stare, as if to say "How did you know that song! That's MY song!"

Anyway, if it keeps her looking as happy as she does in this picture (taken on a completely different place and time), I don't mind her borrowing my phone to call her favorite Sesame Street characters...

ARC_2422

No comments: