March 3, 2011

A must-watch for every new mom and mom-to-be

I think we've already covered in-depth what a completely sappy person I am. Yesterday I watched this week's episode of Teen Mom 2 and at the end they showed a preview of next week, with Leah's little baby Ali about to go into surgery, and Leah says to her, "Mommy would do it for you, but she can't." It tugged at my heart because I said the very same thing to Angelica when she was about the same age, about to go into surgery to remove the cyst above her eye. I was beyond freaked out about her going under anesthesia and about the amount of pain she would feel.

It's those things you don't really grasp when you're pregnant or have just had your first baby (at least I didn't). That love you have for that baby...your inner "mama bear"...it's just such a strong force within you that is born the day your first child is.

So today I saw this video and it made me chuckle and tear up at the same time. I wish I had seen it 2 1/2 years ago! It really is a must-see for every new mom. My favorites from this video are "You will make mistakes" and "Google doesn't have children".

Enjoy!



8 comments:

Ms D said...

Going to watch it now! thanks ;)

LeeAnn said...

I couldn't watch the whole thing...it was making me tear up. But yeah, "you will make mistakes" is definitely a good one. :-) I think mine would be "this will get easier."

And Teen Mom? I have never watched it and never will. It ticks me off that there is a show glamourizing teen pregnancy. And worse? Those girls are getting paid big money, I'm sure. What a great incentive for other teenage girls to run out and get pregnant!

OK, so off my soapbaox. LOL I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Maybe we can hook up at the park again? :-)

Lisa Noel said...

I love teen mom. i don't think it glamorizes teen pregnancy AT ALL. those girls all have rough lives and anyone who thinks that's what they want for themselves wasn't going to want any better even without that show.
and leah, god bless her is a great mom and I feel so bad for her and ali!!
and this video. is great. sometimes we can convince ourselves that we are the only one really struggling and it can be so lonely!

Gina said...

Love Teen Mom and yes that line tugged at me too.... Great video!

Sarah said...

I think I am the only person on earth who hasn't ever seen Teen Mom! Weird because I love shows like that!

I am a new follower, I hope you have time to stop by and follow www.mooseandtater.com

Valery (CEO Wanna Be) said...

Stopping by to say hi from the Sunday Blog Hop. I watch teen mom from time to time and I feel sorry sometimes and hope that I am never in that situation with 7 kids but I always wonder how I would handle it being the mom of a teen mom. They should do a show on that.
Stop by any time.
http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisanThatBoutique

Liz Mays said...

Isn't that the coolest?

Are You A Mom said...

Loved This!
I am your newest follower....Please stop by and say hi and follow me too :)
Thanks and have a great day!
Maureen
Areyouamom.com